Insurance is already part of everything you do.

Find your career in it.


University and College Insurance Programs

There are 12 colleges and universities in Canada that offer programs where students have the opportunity to earn credits towards their Chartered Insurance Professional Designation (CIP) while completing their studies. 

Three universities also house the Canadian Insurance Chairs and offer programs with a concentration in insurance and risk management. 

Though not necessarily required to enter the industry, insurance focused education through one of these post-secondary programs can offer you a distinct advantage in highlighting your skills and knowledge to potential employers upon graduation. 

Learn more

Continuing Education Programs

Some insurance and risk related courses are offered through evening courses, part-time study programs and correspondence programs, at institutions across Canada.

Learn more

Insurance Institute of Canada

As the educational arm of the insurance industry, the Insurance Institute is the industry's source for professional development. Once you are in the industry, you will be encouraged to pursue insurance education that earns you a certificate or designation: GIE, CIP, CRM and FCIP.

Learn more

Other Industry Association education and accreditation programs

Canadian industry associations offer professional development programs and grant designations to those who successfully complete the programs. Such as: Actuarial Sciences, Adjusters, Brokers and Risk Management
Learn more